Stephanie Sorenson, Professor
Office: Village 7, Voicemail: 949-582-4782
- If I hadn't majored and fallen in love with math and physics, I think I would have enjoyed graphic design.
- I competed in show choir during my high school years - we got to sing and dance and I loved it!
- If it's cold and rainy, I want to be sipping on a warm cup of coffee (or tea) curled up with a good book.
- I enjoy family time, reading, hiking, running, golfing, singing, piano, ukulele, and puzzles.
- My husband does most of the cooking. My talents unfortunately do not lie in the culinary arts.
- I am blessed with two beautiful daughters and one fur baby (chihuahua mix).
I have been teaching math full-time at Saddleback College since Fall 2008. Prior to that, I taught math courses at California State University, Fullerton and Santa Ana College, and I was a teaching assistant at the University of California, Irvine during my graduate school years.
I spent a summer doing math research as an undergraduate at the University of Notre Dame in Indiana. I also served as Math Club President for a term at California State University, Fullerton.
I love teaching in the Mathematics Department at Saddleback College and working with students of all different ages and backgrounds. Each student has their own unique story, and I continue to be amazed and to learn as much from them as I hope they learn from me. I am also surrounded by incredibly supportive and talented colleagues.
Master of Science in Mathematics, 2006
University of California, Irvine
Bachelor of Science in Physics and Mathematics, 2004
Summa Cum Laude
California State University, Fullerton
- D.C. Isaksen, C. Jankowski, and S. Proctor (Sorenson), On K*- ultrahomogeneous graphs, Ars Combinatoria 82 (2007), 83-96
- M.A. Khakoo, S. Proctor (Sorenson), Electron excitation of argon and krypton: improved r-ratios, Journal of Physics B: Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics 38 (2005), 929-937
- M.A. Khakoo, J.G. Childers, S. Proctor (Sorenson), Accurate r-ratios for the Electron Impact Excitation of Argon, APS Division of Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics Meeting Abstracts, 35th Meeting (2004), abstract id. P1.105
- M.A. Khakoo, J.G. Childers, S. Proctor (Sorenson), L. Leonard, K. James, Absolute differential cross sections for the elastic scattering of electrons from atomic hydrogen at low incident energies, APS Division of Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics Meeting Abstracts, 34th Meeting (2003), abstract id. J1.064